Tuesday, March 27, 2012

When it Rains...

"i've seen the future and it will be...i've seen the future and it works"

Well, i sit here writing this blog with mixed emotions.  After 15 almost 16 shaky years of marriage, the wife and i are calling it quits.  We have split up before, but this time, we have sat down and divided "stuff" and both have gotten different places to live.  The moving process is happening during the next week, and honestly, i'm very nervous.  I've never been out on my own, and i will be sharing a residence and a year lease with my baby sis.  We will be staying in a house that is about 5 minutes from my job, and 20 minutes from my kids.  Everything is calm in the current house. We are getting along and co habitating quite well.  I never thought this day would ACTUALLY come, as we have been thru just about everything a marriage can go thru, and for it to come to this, is heart breaking.  i will put my Gloria Gaynor under roos on and I will survive. I am not the first heart broken, I am not the first lonely person. My marriage isn't the first to succomb to defeat.  My wife is my best friend, she knows all there is to know about me and she will hopefully always be my friend.  I know that sounds awesome in theory, but in real life, it may not pan out as such.  I know my kids will be okay, because i am not going to be absent in their lives and i will have them with me as much as possible.  Their mom is a wonderful mother to them and her family is all over this area, and very supportive of them as well, so they will be fine.  My writings may be few and far for a while, till i get a computer. it seems my car's engine decided to start knocking and i am gonna have to finance another car and i won't be able to afford another computer for a while.  When it rains it pours.

2 comments:

  1. Chris, I am so sorry to read this, I have been down that road and can relate to those feelings of fear/lonliness/unknown. Sometimes it's the only way and easier to be happy without so much pressure. I will absolutely be thinking of you and can lend an ear if needed. (Hugs), Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful that you and her are remaining amicable Chris...my ex and I have remained great friends and it's a wonderful thing to be able to do. Kudos on that sir.

    ReplyDelete