Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bo$$

back in the day.. hahaha. i was and still am quite the fan of HIP HOP.. not RAP, but hip hop, where u have to be creative with your words and u have to create a piece that has the stuff that make people say "that kid has a nice flow" .. rewind to the 80's and i was 5,6,7 and i was a great breakdancer, which u danced to incredilbe rap songs. that lead me to wanna be the emcee. i quickly began putting words together and forming lines of what i thought was really good, and in reality, probably wasn't too great.  Flash Forward to the 90's and i began to have a nice lil flow and i found that i could Freestyle better than most of the radio rappers could write. i could freestyle over any of their songs and put together a piece about anything, anyone at anytime.  I once feestyled over the entire Cypress Hill Black Sunday album during a trip to a mall with a friend.  I even got into a pretty successful rap duo with a friend from school and we did several shows in st louis and i met a few cool people along the way. well, now that i have a teenage son who listens to RAP music, blah.., i wanted to show him that his dad is better than these people on the radio that he likes.  I began brainstorming on a concept project called "Maddladd presents.. The Return of Dragon-Fire Jones"  I had a "friend" lined up to produce and record it, but he flaked on me and the project is still pending.  while i was putting songs together for that project, i began freestyling again, and made a facebook fan page for the project.  I came up with this piece(which is by no way an entire song, just a verse), that i thought was kinda hot.. sorta freestyled while typing.  anywhoo.. it's not another romantic love piece or a naughty seduction, but it IS another side to the MADDLADD..

i could put most of these rap cats out of a job/
if i got up off my ass & got involved/
full of myself? no not even/
i just know my talents and i dont stop believin
u doubt me?
get from round me or challenge me if u dare 2
but my all black hoodie n skull cap'll scare u
i aint even gotta breathe on the mic/
before u runnin out the door/
squeakin like some new nikes/
i'm ur favorite rappers most feared opponent
i could destroy whoever the number one rapper is at the moment
weezy,drake,ross,minaj/
i kill em all like they inhalin exhaust in a car stuck in a garage
yeah i said it/ur flow's pathetic
mine is premium unleaded/
cost too much for u 2 to wanna get it
dont sweat it
just tuck ya tail n get lost
u soft
i floss
cuz i'm the mf'n Boss!
 
 
 
 
when i write/freestyle, i mostly battle rap, meaning i don't rap about nicey nice things, the size of my chain, the girls i'm with, cuz that's all for the radio rappers.  my favorite rappers do songs that would make most people not even wanna challenge them.  that's me. i love to battle other rappers too. especially if they go first.. if they go first.. it's over.. if i gotta go first, i have to come out swinging even harder tho, cuz im gonna win.  not really like an eminem, if we were gonna compare.. more like a Chino Xl.. youtube him, he's the best.. anway, from time to time i'll get in the mood to post something like this, not very often cuz it's not everyone else's bag.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Well this was certainly something new and unexpected :) another side to the MADDLADD indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading this is a perfect example of why I was referring to in this morning's post. I look forward to reading more of your work!

      Delete
  2. I bet your son is impressed! Even if he doesn't admit it, I'm sure he's all....holy shit Dad's awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete