Sunday, March 11, 2012

U Did

**my dad, Charles Lee Arnel, is in my eyes the greates man who ever lived... this is for him**


U DID

in every life there are moments that define us,

things we do, choices we make that make us who we are,

a path that we go down because we believe,

the voice that guides us is the truth,

u didn't have 2 spend more than 1 night,

could've just taken her out then take her home,

didn't have to commit, didn't have 2 stay,

but u did...

certainly didn't have to take her kid in,

wasn't your place 2 raise another's child,

didn't have 2 love, what u didn't create,

but u did, u did,

i never knew the one who walked away,

i can't remember anyone but u,

u were my Father and my Friend,

My Dad, and raised me 2 be a man,

and no 1 can hold a candle next 2 u,

u could've chose a path of greater living,

could've had a lil more money,

could've had some finer things,

could've been anything u wanted to be,

but u chose to be a father to me,

went in front of a judge when 1 was 7,

and u offered me to carry on your last name,

when the judge asked me why i wanted u 2 adopt me,

i happily told em, because i was your son,

u could've chose a path of greater living,

could've had a little more money,

maybe some of the finer things,

could've been anything u ever wanted 2 be,

but u chose 2 be a father 2 me,

u didn't have 2 sign on for ur life,

could've taken her out, and taken her back home,

didn't have 2 commit, didn't have 2 stay,

but u did..

certainly didn't have 2 take her kid in,

wasn't your place 2 raise another's child,

didn't have 2 love, what u didn't create,

but u did...

i thank GOD everyday... that u did...



No comments:

Post a Comment