Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Voice

like old stairs it's creaking,
to the tune of a leaking faucet,
try to force it,
but it falls apart,

cracking like a cheap plastic toy,
it used to bring 'em round,
it used to make 'em applaud me,
it used to make 'em wanna know me,
it used to make me stand out in a crowd,

now it's but a whisper,
like mist on a summer's day,
what once was a torrential rain,
is now barely a drop,

in a couple years it will be a mem'ry,
a sentimental "back in my day"
nobody will hear it,
nobody will know it,
so nobody cares,

i wanna keep what's left of it inside,
i wanna be able to bring it out just 1 more time,
i want it to make my daughter dance,
on her wedding day,

but it's barely hanging on,
maybe a punnishment for using it wrong,
i fear in the next whisper,
it could be all......gone,

but it used 2 bring 'em round 2 hear,
it used 2 make 'em applaud & cheer,
it used 2 make 'em wanna know me,
it used 2 make me stand out in a crowd,
oh how they loved 2 hear me sing,

the words of their favorite song.. anything,
the melodies could change,
but the one thing that remained,
was the people came,

for the sound of my voice...
but nobody will come around 2 hear,
no more applause & no more cheers,
no more getting 2 know me,
no more standing out in any crowds,
and u won't hear me sing,
the words of your favorite song or anything,
the melodies refrain,

cuz i've seem 2 have lost..

my voice...

No comments:

Post a Comment