Monday, March 12, 2012

momma

momma,
u built a cross 4 me,
when i was far 2 young 2 bear,
momma,
when i needed u the most,
u weren't there,
still i called out 4 u,
momma,
windows and doors were double locked,
my eyes were blackened,
i was torn & bruised,
used until i was crucified,
momma,
i cried tears until they wouldn't fall,
screamed until no voice at all,
banged my fists against the bedroom wall,
until they bled.. until they wouldn't clench,
momma,
closet doors were forceful closed,
food was scarce, my bloody nose,
found it hard 2 breathe,
i couldn't leave,
and i begged 4 u 2,
come,
take me far away,
protect me like a mother's supposed 2,
safe,
i never was,
all alone,
pain was all i owned,
and tho i knew,
it wouldn't come true,
i wished 4 u,
momma,
told u that day,
u denied my claim,
u brought back that rain,
such a shame,
hurting when the blame is on u,
momma,
and the nightmares won't leave,
i'm right back in that place,
but u weren't there...
nobody was there,
but amanda and me,
with that evil...

momma,
why'd u build a cross 4 me?
when i was far 2 young 2 bear?
why weren't u there,
when i needed u...
momma

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! There are no other words really, just WOW! So good and so heartbreaking!!

    ReplyDelete