Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Memoirs of a Retarded Dis-Figured Clown pt.3 Escape?


           Uncle Dave and Aunt Sandy were great. The two of them treated my sister and me like we were their own kids.  They gave us an allowance for doing chores, and they made us do just as their kids did.  Uncle Dave was also a very hard worker and a strict disciplinarian. If you did something that u should have known better about, you were probably going to get a spanking and he would always tell you that he loved you and that he didn’t want to have to do that to you.  That was about the extent of the discipline in my life though.  I got into a lot of mischief at their house too.  My best friend was a kid who lived next door named Brian Mason.  Brian and I were pretty much inseparable.  Brian was also my cousin Jamie’s boyfriend.  One day Brian and Jamie and a girlfriend I had at the time, were in the backyard kissing, and my younger cousin Tanya told on us. Wow, you would have thought we killed someone! Uncle Dave came un-glued and we got a good old-fashioned passionate spanking.  It wasn’t that Uncle Dave was mean; he was not mean by any stretch of the imagination.  If he were, he wouldn’t have taken in his sister’s kids.  Uncle Dave had just been brought up that if you were out of line, you got a spanking, so that is the way he did to his kids. 

Another time that I got into serious trouble was when a neighbor lady offered to take my cousin Tanya and I to the movies to see Back to the Future.  I lied and said Tanya was sick and couldn’t go.  I went to the show and had a great time, but when we got back and she asked my aunt how Tanya was feeling, it was on.  Uncle Dave got me good for that one, and I deserved it.  It was only for about five or six months that we stayed with Uncle Dave and Aunt Sandy.  Mom had decided she wanted us to be closer to her, so she had Pat and Johnny come get us.  Here we go again, was all I could look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment