Friday, May 18, 2012

Good Man



tired of sleepin' in this bed at night,
there's no one there, by my side 2 hold,
tired of wakin' up every day knowin',
that it's another day of bein' alone,

meander my whole day at work,
not gettin' a damn thing done,
forcin' smiles, fighting back the tears,
tryin' hard 2 adjust 2 the new me i've become,

when all i want is 2 see a pair of eyes welcoming me,
home from work, 2 dinner and maybe a movie,
hold my hand, maybe sneak a lil kiss on the cheek,

someone that will stand up 2 their friends,
whenever they are asked just who i am,
nothing 2 shakespearean, just as simple as can be,

"he's a good man, a do what he should man,
a little more than the others would man,
a love me like nobody could man,
a honey that fits just right man,
and u may not like him,
but he's my man"

just wanna be good enough,
for somebody 2 wanna love,
instead of feelin' like these lonely days are here 2 stay,

someone i can sing a couple songs 2,
somewhat of a muse that i can write for,
someone that i can make smile,

someone that can make me smile,
when i wanna cry,
i know u're out there,
if u're willing 2 give it a try..

i'd like 2 think that i'm a good man,
that i'm a do what i should man,
do a little more than the others would man,
i know i'm a love u like nobody could man,
a honey that fits just right man,
a nothing like u've ever had before man,
and if anybody asks me who i am,

i wanna tell em i'm your man...

if u can speak loud of me,
tell me on occasion u're proud of me,
look forward 2 being around me,
i can give u all of me.. if u would take all of me,

cuz baby i'm a good man,
a do just what i should man,
i'm a do a little more than the others would man,
cuz i'm a love u like nobody could man,
a honey that fits just right man,
a nothing like u've ever had before man,
and if anybody asks me who i am,

i'll tell em i'm your man...

yeah baby.. i'm a good man,

1 comment:

  1. Let yourself be alone...go through the shit, feel like shit, look like shit, just let yourself have that time. That's what I'm doing right now - it's not fun but I know it's necessary.

    ReplyDelete