Monday, April 16, 2012

Today

Well, the moving is all done, the house is empty, and life is still in motion, regardless of emotion, hurt, or pain and it all still seems overwhelming and surreal.  Constant questions about the future, was this right? Was this wrong? But How do u break a cycle that has been going on for 20 years? We start out being loving, and compassionate, then slowly migrating towards hurtful and hateful to downright mean to each other. This isn't just HER bad, this is OUR bad.
   My wife is a great mother. She makes the magic happen for the birthdays,  Christmas and all the holidays in between.  She has the patience and the disposition that works well with the crazies that come with being a parent.
   I balance things out with making sure everyone has all the technology and games and HDTV's and "things". I know that my kids never had to do without and or had to feel bad for not keeping up with the "Jones's ".
   Why we couldn't juggle a happy relationship inside of this,  is beyond me. We love each other and probably will always. We are not at war now. It's sad that there is just something that prevents us from being and staying on the same page. . Now we start today on a new chapter,not knowing what lies ahead.
Thanks for everyone's support and well wishes during this most difficult of times.

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I've been thinking of you and send wishes for peace: questioning the future is normal, I think with time comes acceptance. I want to applaud you for your kind words about your wife!! Your kiddos will only benefit from the two of you remaining as friendly as possible with and about each other, I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. I wish I knew the secret to juggling a happy relationship among parenting and life in general!
    Hugs,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete