Monday, January 7, 2013

My Last Name

U can have the tvs,
U can have the car,
U can have the clothes.
What's left of the cash & credit cards,
U can have the dog,
I'll take all the blame,
U can keep the rings,
Give me back my last name,

U don't deserve to wear it,
U don't deserve to claim.
Anything close to my heart,
That's where u will never be again.
So take all the material,
The things that sparkle and shine,
But I'll take back my last name,
That's the one thing that's all mine,

Maybe my dignity will come back in time,
My heart one day will mend,
If u wanna different identity,
Take it from Ur new man,
U know the one u were seeing,
When u were fooling me,
When u were saying u were still in love,
But just wanted my money,
If he can give u this and that,
And he can make Ur dreams come true,
He can give u everything,
I ain't got nothing more for u,

I am no longer Ur real estate,
U no longer have any ties,
I want my name to mean something,
Other than a life time of lies,
Other than hurt and pain,
Other than what u put me thru,
Once u give it back,
I'll say good bye to u,
Adios & u can make Ur way.
Do whatever u wanna do,
It'll all be okay,

I've got no time for players,
I'm not interested in games,
Not interested in being Ur pawn,
All I want from u now is;

My last name

1 comment:

  1. Great poem Chris. Sucks to go through this man...it's a process for sure. The best in life is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete