Sunday, January 27, 2013

Grandma Lou

Grandma,
I wish I could talk 2 u,
Wish u were here,
Wish u had Ur tissue out 2 wipe away Ur baby's tears,
Wish that I could see u,
And u could hug me,
Help me thru these struggles,
Tell me that u love me,
U were the one place I felt the safest,
Cuz u were there for me,
An unconditional basis,
Sometimes when I'm all alone,
I remember when,
U would hold me on Ur lap,
While we were listening,
To old Conway Twitty and Loretta songs,
I can still feel Ur presence every time I turn em on,
I don't know why God needed u more than I did,
But I can still see u every time I close my eyelids,
U woulda protected me from everything I went thru when I was a kid,
U woulda loved my baby sister,
As much as I do,
U woulda kept me away from everyone that ever lied to,
U were the glue that held our family together,
Now everybody got their own families.
We see each other hardly ever,
I think about u every holiday and birthday,
I hope u know that I miss u in the worst way,
Just wanted 2 send a few words up,
2 let ya know that I'm missin u so much,
What I wouldn't give to turn back the hands of time,
Tell God he couldn't have u yet,
Cuz u were mine!
It wasn't Ur time,
There was so much left 4 u to show,
If I could spend that last day with u,
I'd hold on and never let u go,
These tears that are falling from my eyes are falling outta love,
What I wouldn't give if I could just get one more hug,
I miss u..

1 comment: